https://www.facebook.com/leif.olafsson.7 will find him.
1. Will you tell us a little about yourself. Please include a photo if you wish.
I never knew the woman who bore me or the dying warrior that planted his seed in her. They were banished from the hall of heroes and cursed with mortality. They died before I knew they lived. My blood father was of the line of the line of Skjöldr first of the great Danish kings, descended from Odin himself. She was a valkyrie, chooser of the slain. His valor won her heart and she lay with him on the field of battle, taking his seed with his dying breath.
Raised in the Hall of the Slain by the valkyrie and the einherjar, I was weaned on mead from the teat of Heiðrún and haunches of the great boar Sæhrímnir. My crib was the floor of the great hall. I held sword and axe before I could stand. Daily I would follow the einherjar to the fields of battle where they prepare for Ragnarök and nightly I would follow them back to the great hall where they would feast. The only father I knew then was the All Father and I hung on his every word. He taught me as his own and at his knee I learned runes, poetry, and prophesy. When I was a man grown, I left the Valhalla to find my own way. From that time to this I have wandered.
2. Where do you live? Tell us what you like about your town or city?
I live outside of Reykjavik. The old ways are appreciated by the people here, so I seem less of an anachronism.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose and why?
I can choose and I did.
4. What do you do in your spare time?
In what spare time I can find I read, compose, and sing.
5. What sort of books do you prefer?
6. If you could have only one book, which one would it be and why?
The Poetic Edda, to remind me of my youth
7. Which fictional character would you like to be?
8. What is your pet hate?
9. What quality do you most admire in a person.
Bravery and self sufficiency
10. What is your favourite time of the year and why?
I enjoy the coming of Spring when land and sea thaw.
1. A place you have always wanted to visit.
2. Favourite meal.
3. Best place to take a first time date.
That would depend on who the date is with.
4. Most memorable moment in your life.
When I realized I could never return home in this life.
5. Most embarrassing moment.
Trying and failing to return home and seeing the pitying looks of my uncles.
6. Favourite room in your house.
The great room
7. A TV programme you never miss.
I manage to miss them all.
8. A real person living or dead you wish you could meet.
No, but those who don’t understand the world beyond what they can see often think I am.
10. Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?
Thank you for taking time to talk to me today. I hope to read more of your story soon.