Please welcome Emily A Lawrence here to tell us about her book
Emily A. Lawrence
1. Will you tell us a little about yourself? Please include a picture if you wish.
I live in Transylvania with my family, hence my love for vampires and paranormal books. For me writing is more than a hobby. I love writing because I can escape into the worlds I create and lose myself in my characters and stories. When I write I’m in a totally different place and I get to control what happens. To me it is a wonderful way to escape everyday life and leave my worries behind. When I’m not writing, I enjoy traveling and experiencing new cultures, new sceneries, food and meeting new people, or simply reading a good book.
2. Why did you start to write? Have you always longed to write a book or was there a trigger?
I’ve wanted to for a long time. I’ve been writing since high school, mostly fan fiction. After reading FSoG in 2012 I started thinking more seriously about writing and wrote my very first book.
3. What sort of books do you write? Why did you choose that particular genre?
I write contemporary romance. I am a romantic at heart and I’ve always enjoyed reading a good romantic story. Now I get to write my own. But I’m also interested in paranormal romance. You see, I was born and live in Transylvania. Here we grew up with the legends and myths about supernatural creatures and I’ve always found them intriguing. I am thinking of writing something in this genre too some time in the future.
4. How autobiographical are your stories?
My books are pure fiction with little inspiration from my own life or real life events.
5. Have you a favourite setting for your stories? Why?
Everything I’ve written so far has taken place mostly in California, a place that has always fascinated me.
6. Do you ever fall for your characters?
I love most of my characters, except for those people are not supposed to like.
7. Do your characters ever surprise you?
They do, quite often, and it’s always exciting when that happens.
8. How do you get yourself in the mood for writing?
I don’t do anything special. I write whenever i have a free moment and I’m always eager to jump back into my stories.
9. What is the strangest place you have written in?
The bus on the way home, typing on my phone.
10. Have you ever experienced ‘writer’s block’ and how did you cope with it?
Sometimes I do and that’s when I detach myself completely from said book and try to focus on a different project. Thankfully I’ve never had writer’s block that lasted more than a week or so. Somehow I always manage to get back on the saddle, one way or another.
11. Describe your perfect first date
Maybe a ride with a paddleboat on a lake to enjoy the beautiful weather, nature, a good conversation, and having a picnic.
12. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose and why?
I would like to live in California. I am a lover of sunshine and warmth and for some reason California has always appealed to me.
1. Chocolate or ice-cream?
2. Favourite tipple.
3. Seaside or forest?
4. Rain or sun?
5. Christmas or birthday?
6. Elegant or comfortable clothes?
Depends. Comfortable on a daily basis, but elegant if the situation requires it.
7. TV or cinema?
8. Laptop or notebook for writing?
9. Nail colour?
10. Dom, sub or switch?
11. Bondage or spanking?
12. Leather or lace?