1. Will you tell us a little about yourself. Please include a picture if you wish. I’m from a family of four, I have one younger brother and my parents are still married and very much still in love. It shaped my perception that true love does exist and happily ever afters happen every day.
2. Why did you start to write? Have you always longed to write a book or was there a trigger? I can’t remember making the decision to write. I have been writing since I’ve been small, its just something I’ve always done. On my website I say that I have early stories written in crayon, its true lol.
3. What sort of books do you write? Paranormal Erotic Romance. Right now I have a series dedicated to the shifter town Arkadia, the books also includes vampires and eventually fae and witches. But I have a another series in the works that will be more futuristic.
4. How autobiographical are your stories? Honestly it really depends on the characters. The characters will emulate me more than events from my life. In Fate Knows Best, I don’t think I am like Rebecca at all, but my beta reader says that when I am sleep deprived and hyped up on sugar she can totally hear Rebecca coming out of my mouth.
5. Have you a favourite setting for your stories? I love the idea of Arkadia as a shifter only town. Every time I go to write my brain has fun on how this town would be different since its all shifters. For example, the Electronics store has more business in simple repairs since shifters tend to get frustrated and throw things.
6. Which author or authors have influenced you and why? Where do I start? Lynn Hagen really sucked me into the M/M world. I would love to be half as successful with my M/M books. She also inspired me when I was at the TRC convention last year. In her keynote speech she said “Don’t give up, just do it.” Every time I got frustrated or think I couldn’t do it I would recall our conversation where she said that she didn’t think anyone would be interested in her “crazy stories”. I know that I feel the same way. Heather Rainer, Dixie Lynn Dwyer, Marla Monroe and Melody Snow Monroe, they are like my pep squad, their encouragement really keeps me going.
7. If you could have only one book, which one would it be and why? Polgara by David Eddings. It retells one of my favorite sagas from my favorite character’s point of view. It’s long enough that it would take a while to read and detailed enough that after over one hundred re-reads I pick something new out of it each time due to the way I have grown as a woman.
8. How do you get yourself in the mood for writing? I re-read what I have already written for the series to get me back into Arkadia and I look at the inspirational photos on my website.
9. What is the strangest place you have written in? I have written outside under a bradford pear in the spring. The weather was too perfect to stay inside and the falling white flowers inspired a lot of poetry that day.
10. Have you ever experienced ‘writer’s block’ and how did you cope with it? Yes! I did not cope well. I was devastated that my friends weren’t talking to me. But in the end I waited it out. It seemed like the more I tried to force it the further away from the story I became.
11.Where do you live? Tell us what you like about your town or city?
I moved to a small town in North Carolina last year. I love how spread out everything is and how quiet. At night I can look up and see all the stars there is no light pollution from the city.
12. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose and why
Wyoming or Montana. I want a large stretch of land and animals. I really love small town life. I spent nearly a year in Montana and fell in love.
13. What is your pet hate? If I am reading this question correctly this is like a pet peeve. It would have to be ignorant people, people who CHOOSE to stay stupid.
14. Which fictional character do you wish you’d created? Master Robinton- (Dragons of Pern) by Anne McCaffrey- I fell in love with that character.
1. A place you have always wanted to visit.- Scotland
2. Favourite meal.- My mom’s beef/vegetable/cabbage soup FTW
3. Best place to take a first time date.- Theme Park
4. Most memorable moment in your life.- When my first book was accepted
5. Most embarrassing moment.- Any time when my temper gets the better of me, which isn’t often, my brain to mouth filter disappears.
6. Favourite room in your house.- My den- there is a fireplace and TV and the kitchen is two steps away (munchies)
7. A TV programme you never miss.- The last series I was addicted to that I watched on TV and didn’t download, so I had to catch it weekly was probably Buffy. I don’t watch much TV now
8. A real person living or dead you wish you could meet.- Edgar Allan Poe/Walt Whitman
9. Superstitious?Depends- black cats and four leaf clovers.. No. Removing your airport tag on your suitcase…yes.
10. Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?Only if I’m with someone at the time.
“Aleks, hey, buddy,” Liam said lazily.
“Hey, asshole,” Aleks replied sounding distracted.
“I just wanted to call and let you know that you’ll be picking up Rebecca at my house for your date.” Liam waited. Three, two, one and… He held the phone away from his ear at the roar.
“What the hell is she doing at your house, cat!” Aleks roared. Liam smiled. He was making this too easy.
“Well at the moment her luscious little self is in my shower and wait, yes, I smell coconuts. She’s bathing.” He held the phone away from his ear again at the roar, unaware that everyone had stopped what they were doing to listen.
“If you so much as lay one finger on her, cat, I will rip you apart.” Aleks growled.
“What was that, Rebecca, you need help getting into your dress? Don’t worry, kitten, I’m coming. Sorry, Aleks, have to run. Toodles.” He stayed on the line long enough for one last roar to come through before disconnecting the line.
He turned around whistling and saw everyone staring.
“What?” he asked
“Aleks Arkadion is going to kill you,” Ashby said, white as a sheet.
“No he isn’t. If he didn’t kill me for wrecking his Charger, he won’t kill me now,” he said sitting down on the sofa. He reached over and grabbed a magazine and started to flip through the pages.
“That was you?” Rian asked, his eyes wide.
Liam just chuckled.
* * * *
“Aleks. Can’t. Breathe,” Liam said as Aleks’s hand squeezed his throat. Aleks was surprised at the lack of interference he was getting from the pride. They just shrugged their shoulders.
“Ashby told him you were going to kill him,” Rian said.
“Where is Ashby?” Aleks asked, his hand still around Liam’s throat.
“He’s upstairs finishing Rebecca’s hair. Nicholas did her makeup. She put in a lot of effort for you, bear, so you better not fuck this up,” Rian said, his arms crossed.
Aleks raised an eyebrow. The pride seemed to be more protective of Rebecca than their Alpha, whom he had pinned to the wall by the throat.
“Oh for God’s sake, Aleks, let him go! You’ll upset Rebecca and ruin your evening before it begins,” Kate said, coming down the stairs. Aleks immediately dropped Liam.
“Kate, why are you here?” he asked.
“Why would I miss the opportunity for actual girl time? We don’t have much of that at the pack,” she said, swiping a piece of chocolate.
Aleks opened his mouth to say something when the door upstairs opened and Rebecca appeared at the top of the stairs. Her scent hit his nose, and he felt his chest constrict. How could he have possibly thought he could stay away from her? She made her way down the stairs with Nicholas and Ashby following behind her. She moved gracefully, and when she got to the bottom of the stairs, he got the full effect of the dress. It had tiny spaghetti straps that seemed to accent her shoulders. The black dress only seemed to display her creamy skin to its every advantage. The lone slit up one side was nearly his undoing. He didn’t realize he was growling until Liam hit him in the ribs. Rebecca just blushed and smiled at him.
“Ready?” he asked, holding out a slightly trembling hand. She nodded and moved forward, taking his hand.
“Goodnight, everyone, thank you, for everything,” she said, smiling at the room.
“Have her back before midnight, young man,” Liam said, standing in front of the pair.
“Out of the way, cat,” Aleks muttered. Rebecca stepped forward and gave him a hug.
Aleks growled. She ignored him.
“Goodnight, Liam.” She kissed his cheek. Aleks growled again.
“I’m serious though, if you don’t want to go back to the bed-and-breakfast we made up a guest room for you. That’s where Sebastian has been hiding. I let Leona know you may be staying here,” Liam said, smiling down at her.
“Watch him for me?” she asked. Liam nodded.
“Who’s Sebastain?” Aleks asked. Rebecca waved.
“Goodnight, everyone.” She started walking toward the door.
“Who’s Sebastian?” Aleks asked again walking out the door with his arm around her waist.