I am very happy to welcome a friend from Facebook, Ginger Ring is here to talk about her new release.
First let’s find out a little more about her.
1. Will you tell us a little about yourself? I’m a Midwestern girl that loves reading, traveling, and history.
2. Why did you start to write? I have always wanted to write since I read my first romance back in high school. It wasn’t until a couple years ago that I seriously pursued it. I saw a writing contest and after getting good feedback, I took some classes and started to learn the craft.
3. What sort of books do you write? Romance, both historical and contemporary. Why did you choose that particular genre? It’s what I am interested in and love to read myself.
4. How autobiographical are your stories? I wouldn’t say autobiographical but they are triggered by people that I meet, legends I have heard, and things that spike my interest.
5. Have you a favourite setting for your stories? Small towns. Why? Most of my stories take place in small towns. I am from a rural area so that is what I am most familiar with.
6. Do you ever fall for your characters? Yes.
7. Do your characters ever surprise you? Yes.
8. How do you get yourself in the mood for writing? I am easily distracted so I need to turn off the Wi-Fi and be alone to concentrate.
9. What is the strangest place you have written in? Usually I am at home but this summer I took my laptop on vacation and did some writing while at a lake. Not strange but nice.
10. Have you ever experienced ‘writer’s block’ and how did you cope with it? Yes, sometimes I have no idea where to go with a story so I will ask friends for suggestions.
11. Describe your perfect first date: a casual lunch and then exploring a scenic park or historical site.
12. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose and why? I like being out west, western South Dakota and Montana but I also like where I live. I enjoy wide open spaces, western culture, and history.
1. Chocolate or ice-cream? Chocolate
2. Favourite tipple. Not sure.
3. Seaside or forest? River or lake by a forest
4. Rain or sun? sun
5. Christmas or birthday? birthday
6. Elegant or comfortable clothes? comfy
7. TV or cinema? TV
8. Laptop or notebook for writing? laptop
9. Nail colour? red
10. Dom, sub or switch? I’m a good girl.
11. Bondage or spanking? See above answer.
12. Leather or lace? leather
Eryn O’Malley had been moving around for years, doing whatever legal, or illegal job she could find to survive. No time for romance or a normal life. A one night stand with a handsome man at the county fair seemed like just the ticket to escape for a moment from her troubled life. However, finding out he was a G-man wasn’t part of the plan. Now he was on her trail. Whether to arrest or rescue her, she wasn’t sure, and she couldn’t wait around to find out. If he caught her, would he forgive her checkered past or would he always think of her as the gangster’s woman?
He took a seat on the bed, crossed an ankle over the other, and rested his back against the cheap headboard. Interlocking his fingers behind his head, he observed the woman in his room. Her back was toward him as she poured the liquor in the glasses.
The woman could be a movie star or one of those girls in the magazines who held a soda pop in an ad. Tall and elegant, nice round ass, and slender calves and ankles. If she was indeed John’s sister and he slept with her, there would be hell to pay, but it would be worth every glorious second. A wolf call whistle left his lips.
Eryn turned, a glass in each hand, and a slight tilt to her head. “Now, what was that for?”
“Just enjoying the view.” He winked.
“Well, then I better get closer so you don’t strain your eyes.” She took a few steps closer and handed him his drink. Damn, she was a pistol. If he didn’t calm down soon, he’d be firing off a shot of a different kind.
Eryn strolled to the other side of the bed and joined him on it. Her slender legs crossed out in front of her. He swallowed and his fingers itched to slide down that silky skin.
“Cheers.” The click of her glass touched his and he forced his eyes from her legs to the graceful fingers holding her drink.
“Bottoms up.” He downed his in one sip. Eryn took two sips and licked the rim of her glass. This time a groan escaped his mouth and he took her glass and placed both of them on the bedside table.
“Don’t want another drink?” Eryn’s gaze dipped to her hands and then back to his face.
“No, I’d rather do this.” To hell with John, he was kissing his sister.
His fingers framed her face. Her skin soft as velvet and her full lips waiting to be kissed. They didn’t have long to wait. His mouth settled on hers. She tasted sweeter than candy. The hint of alcohol lingered and made for a stimulating mix. Nipping at her lower lip, Eryn moaned and threaded her fingers through his hair. Michael deepened the kiss and echoed her appreciation.
It killed him to break the contact, but he did. Her green eyes smoldered like emeralds in the dim room light. “Stay the night with me.”
“Aye, I will,” she whispered. Her response was in an accent and words so familiar to her brother’s. He could already feel the beating John would be giving him for making love to his sister, but it would be worth it.
Michael slid down the bed and drew her across his chest. Her auburn curls framed her heart-shaped face. Auburn curls? It finally dawned on him that she didn’t even know she had a niece that looked identical to her. Taking in a deep breath, he slid his fingers through her hair. “I always had a thing for redheads, but I’ve never slept with one.”
“Don’t worry. I’ll be gentle with you.” She ribbed.
He burst out laughing. “You are something else, doll.”
“You have no idea.” Eryn promised and lowered her lips to his.
Ginger Ring is an eclectic, hat-loving Midwestern girl with a weakness for cheese, dark chocolate, and the Green Bay Packers. She loves reading, playing with her cats, watching great movies, and has a quirky sense of humor. Publishing a book has been alifelong dream of hers and she is excited to share her romantic stories with you. Her heroines are classy, sassy and in search of love and adventure. When Ginger isn’t tracking down old gangster haunts or stopping at historical landmarks, you can find her on the backwaters of the Mississippi River fishing with her husband.